iPAD AIR Review

Welcome 2014!!!

And I've got a brand new gadget!!! Loveeeet!!!
The iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display are the latest of Apple's tablets.  We chose the former because it has a bigger screen which means better viewing.

ipad air review

Press info from their website states:

"Apple Announces iPad Air—Dramatically Thinner, Lighter & More Powerful iPad
iPad mini Features Stunning Retina Display & 64-bit Apple-designed A7 Chip
SAN FRANCISCO—October 22, 2013—Apple® today announced iPad Air™, the latest generation of its category defining device, featuring a stunning 9.7-inch Retina® display in a new thinner and lighter design. Precision-engineered to weigh just one pound, iPad Air is 20 percent thinner and 28 percent lighter than the fourth generation iPad®, and with a narrower bezel the borders of iPad Air are dramatically thinner—making content even more immersive. Apple today also announced iPad mini with Retina display, bringing all the pixels from the 9.7-inch iPad to its 7.9-inch screen, delivering razor sharp text and detail in the same amazingly thin and light design. The new iPads feature the powerful and power-efficient Apple-designed A7 chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture, ultrafast wireless with faster built-in Wi-Fi and expanded LTE cellular connectivity, and the newly-designed iOS 7 featuring hundreds of great new features.

“iPad created an entirely new mobile computing experience, and the new iPad Air is another big leap ahead. It is so thin, light and powerful, once you hold one in your hand you will understand what a tremendous advancement this is,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iPad Air with its 9.7-inch Retina display weighs just one pound and packs the incredible performance of iOS 7 running on a 64-bit desktop-class Apple A7 chip, and delivers all-day battery life in the lightest full-sized tablet in the world.”"

Philippine SRP of iPad Air with Wi-Fi ONLY (Higher price for WiFi+Cellular about Php 6,500 more)

  • 16gb Php 25, 490
  • 32gb Php 30, 490
  • 64gb Php 35, 490
  • 128gb Php 40, 490
 Now I'm not a very techie person. Even some kids might know more technical stuff than me. So all that jargon and I'm like, what?! We chose Apple because it was highly recommended by some friends. All the other info I needed to know is it has a sharp, clear camera and that Apple has some sort of anti-virus protection/virus blocker.

accent micro 2

It is manufactured in China. Available in colors space gray or silver. 1 year warranty. (Just wanted to say that some warranties are BS like my laptop from another brand- the 1 year hasn't lapsed yet and we're complaining about the bluetooth and some Symantec pop ups that may be caused by virus but the service center says they will charge if it's software problems.)

After much canvassing in different stores and haggling , we bought it in Accent Micro for the cash price of Php 24, 470.
ipad air price

The salesman (helps that one of the staff know us) gave us some free apps (because the brand new one only has very basic contents) and their store's free calendar.



The box contains the unit, a very helpful (!) 3 page info sheet, apple stickers (I drew an arrow so you will notice it,) a cable and USB Power Adapter.
ipad air philippines


Right now I'm just trying it out, getting to know it; just pressing the screen and stuff, feel free to comment below some of your tips or advise for a first-timer like me.

Update: After 5 days of using this mostly for games and having fun, my comments are

  1. I wish it had expandable memory. You can't use a memory card for this.
  2. I wish the camera had flash. When the room is dim, the image appears grainy. I've seen clearer images from my cellphone.
  3. The speaker is at the bottom. I like to play games while lying down and some games won't rotate. So its sound is muffled since its standing on my body.
  4. In the website it says it has built in Ibook but I can't find it yet.
  5. It didn't come with earphone. I lost its "cork" in the headset hole. 
  6. I bought a smart case for Php 400 and a screen protector for Php 150 at a mall's tiangge. A man approached us while we were having the accessories installed and said he also sells Ipad Air for Php 22,000 but we are scared of those. We only buy from licensed retailers to ensure it's not fake.


 If you have read this far, I hope you can consider supporting me by following my other social networking sites on the right. The reader has always been my inspiration. Fairness is important and I always follow back in G+ Twitter Instagram and Bloglovin. For add back in FB NB and GFC, kindly comment your page or site so I know where to follow back. Thank you!


Comments

Popular Posts