Avene Cleanance Toner Review

For its steep price of Php 1,610/ 200ml (hey, other brands of toners/astringents cost more or less Php 100), I would think that Eau Thermale Avene  Cleanance Toner is nothing short of a miracle.

Details:
Made in France.
Smells like baby powder.
Shake well so the white powder at the bottom will mix with the liquid.

eau thermale avene philippines price

Ingredients: Avene Thermal spring water, zinc gluconate, fragrance, glyceryl laurate, salicylic acid, silica, triethanolamine (TEA), among others. Full list below:

Avene Cleanance Toner ingredients

Around the first two weeks, I used this with the Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser and when it was empty, I switched to using an organic soap.

Likes:
  • Free samples of other Avene products when I bought it at the department store (TBH, I was sales talked into buying this, mabait kasi yung sales lady, gave me many samples).
  • Gentle relief for sensitive skin and does not sting.
  • Skin feels deeply clean after using.
  • Does not leave white powdery blotches on the skin (I can't use other brands of astringents with powder at the bottom in the morning because they leave white powder marks on the skin).
  • Gentle mattifying power but oil-free effect does not last long on my very oily skin.
Dislikes:
  • Expensive. 
  • Did not dry out existing pimples fast, nor prevent new ones.
  • The opening is in the top of the bottle. Twist the cap and a hole appears. The top is exposed to dust that transfers to my cotton ball as I dispense the contents. A flip top or screw off cap would be better. 
Avene Cleanance Toner Review
See the dirt near the opening? It goes to the cotton ball.
  • When exposed, the white particles hardened. There's one time I did not notice that they were clogging the opening, so I shook the bottle because nothing was coming out into the cotton and the liquid spilled on my arms.
  • Before buying, I thought it was organic, and got slightly disappointed to find it was not.
Will I buy again?
Nah, I don't think Avene Cleanance Toner is amazing. Well, for others, it may be. It depends with skin compatibility.

Thanks for reading my review of Eau Thermale Avene  Cleanance Lotion-Toner. :)


Comments

Popular Posts