The Problem With NEW Makeup!!!

There is nothing quite like the euphoria of obtaining new makeup; the beautiful packaging, the rainbow colors, the prospect of playing with it. A long time ago, I had a dream of being in an isolated makeup and fragrance department store. My heart was beating fast and I didn't know which one to try first...

Now, quite a challenge for me, every time I lay my paws on new cosmetics, is using it for the first time. Knowing that once I open it, my brush/ sponge is dabbed on it, or I have it swiped on my skin, its appearance will change.

beauty bloggers, Happy Skin Eye Am Here to Stay 24H Gel Eyeliners in L-R: Butterscotch, Watermelon, Plum and Cotton Candy (1g, Made in Korea).
Happy Skin Eye Am Here to Stay 24H Gel Eyeliners in L-R: Butterscotch, Watermelon, Plum and Cotton Candy (1g, Made in Korea).

There will always be a smudge or line of demarcation and its freshness will never return. Like a broken crystal, it can never be the same again.

beauty blogger philippines, Pink Sugar HD/ Creamy Matte Lipstick (smells so yummy) in L-R: Catfight, Fancy, Diva (3.4g, Made in Taiwan).
Pink Sugar HD/ Creamy Matte Lipstick (smells so yummy) in L-R: Catfight, Fancy, Diva (3.4g, Made in Taiwan).

Shared here in the blog are some of the unused makeup that I have. Thank goodness for photos. The 'virginal' charm can be immortalized- it can be viewed again and again. But there is one thing that cannot be captured for so intangible it is- the giddy feeling, the empowerment and confidence that using makeup brings.

beauty blog philippines, NYX Butter Lipstick in L-R: Sweet Shock, Thunderstorm, Moonlit Night (4.5g, Made in Taiwan).
NYX Butter Lipstick in L-R: Sweet Shock, Thunderstorm, Moonlit Night (4.5g, Made in Taiwan).

Please do not get me wrong- I am perfectly fine in leaving the house without makeup (I go out bare faced most of the time), but there is something therapeutic in applying makeup to the face. Perhaps it is the frustrated artist in me, delighting in painting a canvass according to my will.

Comments

Popular Posts