How I Treated My Very Dry, Sensitive Skin

Hello po!
Every December, it seems like my face becomes cray-cray! A few years ago, my lips chapped nonstop around this month. I tried almost everything and when it got better, the outline still peeled and felt burning. Disaster! I thought it was gonna darken for sure but good thing, one product saved the day (but that is for another blog post)!

Going back, last month I developed big pimples, I suspect to be from a cream (from a skin clinic, the irony!) that I used nightly. So I used this black magic soap and lemon astringent to heal the zits. But it made my skin very dry, sensitive, itchy, red and peeling! Huhuhu! It was so painful!

So these were the items I used for about a week to treat the dryness. These samplers were just lying around the house so good thing I didn't need to buy more stuff, and then the soft candy is a gift from my cousin. Feel free to use other brands though!

Kracie Peach rose flavor soft candy (feat. the taste of fresh peach and the lovely scent of rose. Contains damask rose oil, collagen, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C), Benefit Total Moisture facial cream, Avene gentle milk cleanser.
Kracie Peach Rose soft candy (feat. the taste of fresh peach and the lovely scent of rose. Contains damask rose oil, collagen, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C), Benefit Total Moisture facial cream, Avene gentle milk cleanser.

Steps: (Try it if you have the same problem!)

1. Use a very mild, non-foaming cleanser (if you applied makeup, remove it with cold cream wiped off with tissue before washing face).
2. Skip toner/ astringent.
3. Use loads of moisturizer at morning AND night (before, I used to skip moisturizer in the AM due to my excessively oily fez).
4. Eat/ drink skin nourishing vitamins and foods.
5. Avoid excessive sun exposure.

Before and after a week! In the before pic, my bare face looked sunburnt with red patches and flakes, and then after a week of TLC, it normalized again and the redness subsided so I am only wearing a very light dusting of powder, lipgloss and a bit of eyebrow pencil. It felt awkward to post the before pic, but hey, it's for the sake of the beauty blog!
beauty blogger philippines, beauty blog philippines,
I have always had oily, acne-prone, a bit sensitive skin so having dry skin isn't really common for me. How about you, what's your skin type? Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts