MAC X Mariah Carey- Dreamy, Loves!

Hello po!!!
So as me and the hubby went malling, we passed by the Mac boutique. And I saw my ultimate diva Mariah Carey smiling- her makeup line is there!!! Woah! I must say I got obsessed with it eversince seeing it on my FB!I heard they were being sold out fast so I had to go inside.

mac mariah carey makeup review
Divine packaging! I also want the highlighter but it would break my heart to use it cause that would mean the embossed face will be erased.

I was tantalized by how gorgeous Mimi's packaging was- I mean champagne gold and silver glitters. I must admit, Mac's black case doesn't appeal to me- I prefer royal gold or princess pink. So Mimi's was just perfect.

Highly pigmented- these are the colors of lipstick- 1 light swipe each  and the Extra Dimension Skinfinish.

mac mariah carey swatches
Ah I forgot already which shade is which coz I felt shy while swatching. I am not sure ha, bottom to top: Mcizzle, Dahhlinggg, Bit of Bubbly, All I Want, I Get So OOC. The gold highlighter is the one vertical.

Mac Mariah Carey lipstick shades: Mcizzle, Dahhlinggg, Bit of Bubbly,  All I Want, I Get So OOC.

Mac Mariah Carey lipstick shades: Mcizzle, Dahhlinggg, Bit of Bubbly,  All I Want, I Get So OOC.
image grabbed from M.A.C. Cosmetics.

Forgive me- I am wearing hardly any makeup but lipliner and lipstick here! I did not expect to take these pics!!!

Mcizzle- Cool peach cremesheen. The bestseller.

Mcizzle- Cool peach cremesheen. The bestseller.

Dahhlinggg- Pinky peach cremesheen.

Dahhlinggg- Pinky peach cremesheen

Bit of Bubbly- Soft pinky nude cremesheen.

Bit of Bubbly- Soft pinky nude cremesheen.

All I Want- Champagne shimmer frost.

All I Want- Champagne shimmer frost.

I Get So OOC- Shimmering brown frost. She said this is the next bestseller.

mac mariah carey I Get So OOC- Shimmering brown frost.
By this time, after all the swiping and removing, my lips felt dry. But they did not chap. The SA applied lip primer prior to application.

The SA told me, and I also agree, that Mcizzle looks most flattering on me. Unfortunately, it was sold out, huhuhu! So I had no choice but to settle for next best- Dahhlinggg.

Mac Mariah Carey lipsticks and lipglass is priced at Php 1,200 but online Mac USA it is only $20, and $18.50, respectively. Stores here may be more expensive but at least you can personally try out the colors and they practice hygiene. They use tools like cotton and disposable applicators.

I could almost sing to hubby All I want for Christmas and luckily, he was more than happy to gift me. The bullet has a butterfly engraved. This is made in Canada.

mac philippines mariah carey  lipstick price
The sparklies is like a sticker only. I once thought it was like grainy/ real glitters.

I don't often go here as I am more of a Korean cosmetics/ department store type of gal, and because before, I have tried the Mac (original of course!) liquid foundie and powder but it has caused me to breakout. But this is Queen Mariah Carey we are talking about, honey, and I love her songs and sing it when I go to videoke!

However, I was really disappointed that all the allegations of snobbish MAC SA's were true. Heartbreaker! It wasn't a pleasurable experience shopping in Mac and I felt intimidated. I remember the only time SA smiled was upon checkout. I sure hope they can be more friendly.

How about you, what are you lemming in the Mac Mariah Carey collection? Comment down below! :)

Comments

Popular Posts