4th of July Theme in Vikings Luxury Buffet

Dining in Vikings Luxury Buffet during birthdays has been somewhat a yearly tradition for me and my husband. And why not? We had the privilege of experiencing fine dining and I am convinced that Vikings can give hotels a run for their money.

The  presentation of the food by the chefs is exquisite, the ambiance of the place with its chandeliers is very elegant,  yes, even the comfort room looks splendid, all at about half the price of what you would expect to pay in hotel restaurants.


A couple days ago, I was happy to have been invited by my friend Rattus to a food sampling in Vikings SM North Edsa.

Vikings offers a theme every month and for this July, it is "4th of July." A celebration of lavish American inspired cuisine. It starts today, then every weekends (Saturday, Sunday) this whole July.

The menu prepared by their skilled chefs is splendid indeed!

Executive Chef Jenny, (Italian, Western, Grilled) Sous Chef Ruel, (Japanese) Sous Chef Caloy, Assistant Marketing Head Ms. Raquel. vikings

In the photo: Executive Chef Jenny; Italian, Western, Grilled Sous Chef Ruel; Japanese Sous Chef Caloy; Assistant Marketing Head Ms. Raquel.

Appetizer:

Tortilla Club Sandwich

Tortilla Club Sandwich [very flavorful says the cheese lover in me]

Niagara Falls Maki, Maryland Maki, Maguro Haru Maki

Niagara Falls Maki, Maryland Maki, Maguro Haru Maki [mmmmm...  sushi! For the middle one, especially liked how the salmon and mango filled my mouth with an indulgent explosion when I bit it ]

Salad:
Chicago SUmmer Corn Salad

Chicago Summer Corn Salad [light and fresh]

Soup:
Boston Clam CHowder Soup

Boston Clam Chowder Soup [comforting and potatoes are not overly done]

1st Main Course:

California Grilled Fish  Agli Olio with Roasted Bell Pepper

California Grilled Fish
Agli Olio with Roasted Bell Pepper [loved the contrast between saltiness of the pasta and the sweet orange taste of the soft Gindara fish]

Lemon Sorbet

Lemon Sorbet [to refresh the palate]

2nd Main Course:

Jambalaya Louisiana (Rice) Indiana's Pork Loin with Craberry Sauce or Ginger Lime Gaze Mississippi's Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
.
Jambalaya Louisiana (Rice)
Indiana's Pork Loin with Cranberry Sauce or Ginger Lime Gaze
Mississippi's Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie [tasty and satisfying indeed]

3rd Main Course:

Corn on a Cob Yorkkshire Pudding Tenderloin (Red WIne Sauce and Horse Radish Sauce)

Corn on a Cob
Yorkshire Pudding [I cried out upon tasting how yummy it was]
Tenderloin (Red Wine Sauce and Horse Radish Sauce) [I admit this was the first time I tried meat medium rare- middle was pink and it was soft- but I learned that if cooked longer, like if I had it well done, it becomes a bit harder and chewy]

Pastry:

No matter how full I am, there's still space in my tummy for dessert! My meals are never complete without it.

Boston Cream Pie New York Cheese Cke Cherry Cashew Parfaits

Boston Cream Pie [satisfied my hardcore sweet tooth]
New York Cheese Cake [I think we all agreed this was yummy]
Cherry Cashew Parfaits [the taste was just right and I liked chewing the cashews]


Drinks I had:


Green Tea (in previous photo)
Clockwise- Coffee
Minty Lemon-Lime Juice [uniquely refreshing!]
Tamarind Juice [authentic sampaloc taste]

What a grand gustatory delight! If I had to choose a favorite, it is quite hard because they are all delicious, but it would have to be Tortilla Club Sandwich- because it was the first I tasted, everything hence seemed to be dream-like because I was transported to food heaven!!!

We filled ourselves with this good food for about 3 hours, same as the time spent when me and my husband returned here again just last night, his birthday.

Birthdays at Vikings means FREE food (lunch/dinner). FREE buffet for the celebrant who is with one paying adult on the birthday itself. And there is a  new promo for all their branches- bring 4 paying companions and the celebrant can eat for FREE on the other days of his/her birth month. Don't forget to bring your valid ID!

Vikings SM North Edsa Buffet Rates:


Vikings Branches:

SM North EDSA
4th Floor, The Block, SM City North EDSA, Quezon City
376-3888, 376-4888, 376-5888

By the Bay, SM Mall of Asia
Bldg. B, By the Bay, Seaside Blvd., SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
846-3888, 846-4888, 846-5888

SM Megamall
4th Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, Bldg. D, SM Megamall, Julio Vargas
cor. EDSA, Mandaluyong, Philippines
656-3888, 656-4888, 656-5888

SM City Marikina
2nd Floor, SM City Marikina, Kalumpang, Marikina City
570-3888, 570-4888, 570-5888

SM Lanang Premier
Upper Ground Level, Fountain Court, SM Lanang Premier, J.P. Laurel Avenue, Davao City
082-285-3888, 082-285-4888

Visit
http://vikings.ph

Vikings- A Feast from the Sea, A Luxury Buffet for Every Juan!



Comments

Popular Posts