Puerto Galera Trip!

Hello po!
Recently me and my significant other went to Beach Paradise Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro. It was my second time. The first was with my relatives, when I was still a student.

From Manila, we drove to Batangas Port and then rode a banca by Minolo Shipping Lines in going to, and in leaving the next day, Puerto Galera.

We stopped over in Sabang, where diving is the attraction.We visited someone. It was their fiesta and the people were merry and hospitable, offering us food. There were banderitasmusiko and perya. :)

sabang, puerto galera, mindoro,

Then, here we are in White Beach! From Sabang to White Beach, one can ride a tricyle but in our case, we had a service vehicle.

white beach puerto galera, how to go to, best travel blog philippines,
These two pictures- on top and below- were actually shot while we were leaving the White Beach.

puerto galera review, beach in philippines, travel blogger philippines,

We were very happy. We love it!

puerto galera restaurants, puerto galera food,


puerto galera travel advisor, puerto galera beach advisor,

We checked in at VM Resort and Restaurant. A girl led us to the 3rd floor. The price per room is Php 1500 but we were able to haggle it down to Php 1200. So here are the amenities- two towels (of course it is not take home ha), Free Wi-Fi at the ground floor, two beds (I believe they are queen-sized), a small TV that would not turn on, air-con, hot and cold shower but its knob needs to be fixed because it just turns round and round and we have to guess or risk being scalded!

vm resort, vm resort review, trip advisor, guide puerto galera,

Check out the rates for Puerto Galera's fun water sports activities. Island hopping, jetski, banana boat, kayak and more!

puerto galera water sport prices, puerto galera water sports rates,

I could not resist the water. As soon as we checked in, I immediately changed clothes and played in the beach. I tried to go farther and jump when the waves come in but soon, I found a wave too big and strong, that it toppled me and I ingested sea water and even sand, and it even went inside my ears boo-hu. I don't know how to swim so I just soaked in the sun and water, relishing the feel of the sand between my- everywhere!

sunset, beach, waves, puerto galera, philippines,

I love the night life says the song, but me- I would rather stay in bed when the moon is out! During my stroll, I caught a glimpse of seductive dancers and stand up comedians.

puerto galera beach nightlife

Lots of food choices available, but best to have fresh seafood barbeque!

fresh seafood, puerto galera, vendors,

I would like to suggest that, since the departure area has a warning sign that keeps vendors off that particular vicinity, the guideline be strictly reinforced. There's two vendors who, from the time I was in front of the resort up to the departure area, were really annoying me to buy their goods when I told them "no" already. One even sat beside me bugging me, making me feel very uncomfortable so I just stood up in a corner even though there are lots of chairs. Well this might be an isolated case because some people think I look kind, maybe like an easy target.

puerto galera, minolo shipping, father and son shipping, batangas port,

Here is like a guide of prices but I know you can score a better bargain! 1 Liter of bottled water ranges from Php 40 to Php 50, but good thing we found Dalisay brand which is refilled in the island and it only costs Php 25. These are some pasalubong we bought- mother of pearl earrings 3 pcs for Php 50, key chain 3 pcs for Php 50, tiger eye and black pearl earring Php 200 for the two (the pearl earrings are 50/100/150 depending on the size), T-shirt Large Php 90 each, bocayo 5 pcs for Php 100 (but near the departure area, a vendor is selling it 8 pcs for Php 100), a bundle of 2 pusit (squid) and 1 labahita (fish) is Php 200, Merl's suman sa lihiya 12 pcs pack's price is Php 150.

puerto galera, pasalubong, merls suman sa lihiya, pearl earrings,

Yes, traveling might cost big money. I know this because we like to explore different places yearly. But the fun and adventure, the experience, seeing the beauty of nature with one's own eyes- priceless.

Comments

Popular Posts