Ready Set Glow Makeup Review! Rant or Rave?

Hello po! Frens, just a quick rundown on makeup products I got from Ready Set Glow!

Ready set glow makeup review

First of all, their ads with AC (their other endorser is Lovi Poe) had frequently been appearing on my FB before but I thought, colorful eyeliner? Ain't really that artsy with makeup looks lol. 

So now I got to try some of their products and RSG is for the full face pala. I must say I am impressed eventhough some of these are made in PRC (my experience in the past was China made products were not that good - tends to be poorly pigmented and chalky, even owned a chemical smelling mascara that caused my lashes to fall, but then again it depends on the brand). Also, their other products are made in Taiwan.

I appreciate that RSG is said to be cruelty free and paraben free.

Review of the Badass line:

The Face Tint (tried Seventh Heaven and On Cloud 9) was superb! 

A tiny dot goes a looong way - it's that immensely pigmented! I once met up with someone in an uber crowded place and he remarked that even from afar, my pink cheeks were a stand out (don't know if I should take that as a compliment or if he meant to tone it down lol). No doubt a bottle would last me years.

Upon applying dots on the cheeks and nose, it also doesn't dry up quickly, and gives me enough time to blend. It is my fave product of theirs. It also stays true whole day to night. Like, WHAT!

Second favorite is the Liquid Liner in Stellar - it looks so pretty. Like I am wearing baby blue eyeshadow - lakas maka tisay.

For the Glitter Liners (Pink Diamond and Orange Sparkle), I determined that they get drowned out by the eyeshadow on my lids. It is hard to make out their hues since their color get barely noticeable. So yeah, this is one of their products I am not crazy about. The sparkle is cute though, especially for the lower lash line. 

Oh, don't forget to blot in between uses to avoid dirtying.

For the Lip Stain, longevity depends on the particular shade. Some (Lip Cookie lasts til the next morning, and Ninja Kiss all day) are longer lasting than the others (Sugar Lips just a few hours). But overall they are quite heavy duty and could even last til the following day. And also because I had varying colors, I got to play around and figured out some hues make me look good while others not so (made me look older or mataray), lol. It would just be better if they had a vanilla or whatever fragrance because right now they have a chemical scent.

They also doesn't dry out my lips.

The satin creme Lipstick in Runway Ready is creamy, yes, but I am not so fond of this particular shade. I think dark doesn't look great on me.

Lastly, the Eye Shimmer in Superstar. This standout glitter is fun. Use this accent sparingly or apply it all over - totally up to you. For me, I barely use it, only when I remember to or when I need an extra oomph. Pretty on the aegyo-sal too.

Ready set glow philippines swatches
Swatches of all RSG makeup mentioned.

Ready Set Glow Badass Brow Cushion in Brownie

Honestly, this deserves its own post. Ok I must admit, I forgot to include it when I captured the group photo and created this post back then.

The brown shade still looks natural since I also had my hair lightened. The intensity of the pigment is just right and does not fade away in pictures. The size/ shape of the included liner brush is perfect and allows precise control. When I first got this, I thought it was MEH or like a CC cushion and would make my eyebrows look cakey or patchy so I was surprised that I really liked it when I got to use it. Yes it truly is life-/ rain-/ sweat-proof. 

Ready Set Glow Badass Brow Cushion in Brownie review

Thanks for reading. Ready Set Glow is really proving its worth as a force to reckon with. Have you tried this cosmetics brand? What's your favorite so far? :) 

Comments

Popular Posts