Chef Arch's Lime - A Yummy Twist to Filipino Street Food

During my college days, I relied on street foods like kwek kwek, chicken balls, kikiam etc to get me thru the day. Even now, when I can afford more expensive food, I still crave for them... Comfort food they seem to me, but sometimes the same old-same old could get boring.

chef arch's lime, mandaluyong

Enter - Chef Arch's Lime. It's Streetfood na Pina-Sosyal! Founded in 2007, Chef Arch's Lime serves street food with a twist and made extravagant!

Why the name? Cause in order to extract juice from a lime, you have to twist it! And here, it's street food with an artistic twist.

chef arch's lime streetfood na pinasosyal

The owner's house turned into a restaurant. That is why it has a home-y appeal.

Here are the bestselling and new dishes they made us try. I decided to categorize them into appetizer, main course, drinks and dessert. But I think they can cross over. Main dish could be the appetizer, appetizer could be the main dish. It depends on the preference. When I am at home and I don't feel like eating a lot, soup is already the main dish for me.

Appetizer

Papadum- couldn't get enough of this Indian food. I like it so much that I can eat it all by myself.

papadum

Asian Style Nachos (made of siomai wrapper) with Pico de Gallo and Minced Beef (Php 200)

Nachos (Siomai wrapper)

Balut in Red Wine Sauce (Php 190) I still couldn't get myself to eat duck embryo, I only ate the coating

Balut in Red Wine Sauce

Quail Egg Tempura with Soy Mirin Glaze and Sinamak Vinegar (Php 130)

Quail Egg Tempura with Sinamak Vinegar and Soy Marinade

Assorted Street Style BBQ Platter (Php 190) - Pork barbecue, Isaw, Betamax and Tenga. It seems clean, like I wouldn't get HEPA from this, hue hue hue!

BBQ Platter - Pork barbecue, Isaw, Betamax and Tenga

Main Course - As delicious as it looks

The presentation makes the dishes look like it's something served from a hotel kitchen. It is because the owner, Chef Archie Juanta,  has work experience in some of the best culinary establishments.

Kangkong and Kesong Puti Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mash and Jus (Php 190)

Kangkong and Kesong Puti Stuffed Chicken Breast

Embotido Stuffed Crispy Pata (Php 340)

 Embotido Stuffed Crispy Pata


Hot and Spicy Chili Chicken Wings with Aioli (Garlic Mayo) (Php 210)

Chili chicken wings


Osso Buco Kare Kare (Php 230)- The presentation really deviates from the usual kare kare fare Filipinos see every Sundays


Osso Buco Style Kare Kare

If I were to choose my favorite main dish, it would be their pizza!!!!!!!!!

Crispy Isaw and Chicharon Bulaklak Pizza (Php 210)

Crispy Isaw Chicharon Pizza

Four Cheese Pizza with Truffle Oil (Php 210)

Four Cheese Pizza with Truffle Oil

Drinks

License to Chill (Php 80) Vodka, Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice

 russian standard Vodka Melon Liqueur Pineapple Juice


Scramble (Php 50) - couldn't get any more Pinoy than this!

scramble


Dessert - The dessert is super YUMMY...

Flourless Chocolate Choc Nut Cake (Php 120)
Choco Sansrival (Php 120)
Choco Mint Torte (Php 100)
Salted Caramel(Php 120)


All in all, I would say that the food they serve is delicious and it is a must visit place! And it's affordable too, right? They also hold acoustic nights! What a great way to unwind after a day's work. Good Food + Good Music = Good Times!

Chef Arch's Lime is located at 160 San Rafael St. Mandaluyong City. Opens daily from 6:00 PM til 2:00 AM.

Check out:

https://www.facebook.com/chefarchslime/info
www.twitter.com/chefarchslime
www.instagram.com/chefarchslime

Comments

Popular Posts