SHOOKT!!! New Look For Just Php 75?!

Hello po! Frens, some co-bloggers say I color my hair often. Well, it may seem like it, but the black (actually dark brown) virgin hair was already growing on top of my head (about 2 inches na) so I really needed to retouch... I wanted either pink or red hair and now I got it for just Php 75, wow!

cheap diy hair color

So here is how I got my new hair color! When I was inside a big store that sells various cheap merchandise that were made in China, I spotted hair color in small boxes. They were reminiscent of the ones I bought from a sidewalk vendor for just Php 10 more than 15 years ago (not sure if same brand).

I checked out the available colors and settled for the one closest to my dream which is bright  red. I bought 3 boxes of Ashley Shine in 7.45 warm burgundy red for Php 25 each (total Php 75)!

The box contained no pamphlet or plastic gloves but 2 tubes - a colorant and developer.

ashley shine hair color review

I mixed all 6 tubes in a plastic bowl and asked hubby to apply it to my hair using a plastic comb. It sufficed to cover my past shoulder length hair. There was no strong chemical scent and it did not sting my scalp.

After an hour, I washed it off- shampooed my hair again and used a hair mask and rinsed it all off completely.

I was glad to see it was so potent that it even colored the seemingly black (actually dark brown) virgin hair on top. But the downside is, I think it gave me a lot of  fly away strands, haha! This is permanent color. With the succeeding wash, it did not wash off down the drain nor stain my towel.

Ashley Shine Warm Burgundy Red effect on bleached hair
Ashley Shine Warm Burgundy Red effect on bleached hair

Comparing it to the two Korean made hair colors I wore prior to this, those others were milder but seems to fade with every wash. So Ashley Shine was stronger in terms of coloring power.

It may seem scary to use (hey there were talks concerning safety that it may cause blurry vision/ nakakalabo ng mata plus you don't know baka makalagas ng buhok), but I became confident enough still upon reading the print on the side that it is distributed by Shawill which is known for their cosmetics. Anyway I find it weird that 2 of the tubes I squeezed produced brown cream while only one squirted red cream.

So yeah, if you are looking for a budget friendly DIY way to color your hair, and you are brave naman hahaha, I would recommend Ashley Shine. Thanks for reading! :)

UPDATE: It has been a couple of weeks since. And what I have noticed is that whenever I wash my hair, there is fading of the color, and minimal staining on my white towel. My hair is now a lighter hue of red.

Comments

Popular Posts