Genuine Review of Maxipeel Exfoliant!

Hello po! Friends, I first tried a tretinoin + hydroquinone solution way back when I was just 16 years old and suffering from moderate cystic acne. And the set was named Extraderm then, now we have Maxi-peel!

Tretinoin hydroquinone

It gave unsightly big patches of peeling skin. And it was reddish and hurt like heck. So I can't stay around long enough to see if it could yield positive results and eradicate my acne. But I like the fact that my skin seems to be shedding dead skin cells. 

A friend told me of the technique of their househelper  to have clear skin. She says to combine Maxi-peel with Eskinol facial cleanser into one bottle and use that mixture.

As for me, since I only have the occasional pimple now, I use this exfoliant just for 2 to 3 days a month. That seems to be ok. No bigtime peeling. 

Oh, Maxi-peel also cannot erase the pitted acne scars. I think laser by the derma is already needed.

It comes in different strengths - 1, 2 or 3 - with corresponding increasing amount of active ingredients. Also choose among 3 sizes - 15, 30 and 60 ml.

If I remember correctly, the previous formula crystallizes (or maybe it had some white crystals at the bottom of the solution). No such thing now. 

Splash Maxipeel exfoliant

Some more useful info:

Not suitable for pregnant women and children.

Hydroquinone is banned in other countries.

Strong hydroalcoholic scent and it could sting.

Be very careful when using. Do not use long term. A neighbor got those big black areas on her face from improper use of this. There is more warnings inside the box.

Avoid sun exposure and always moisturize and use sunblock. 

Apply with gentle upward swipes and do not rub hard.

It is not unusual for more pimples to come to the surface or to experience a breakout while using this. Your skin is "purging" with this exfoliant after all. 

The skin also becomes "thinner" and may sustain damage or wound easily when using this.

Extraderm maxipeel

It is very hard to remove the tamper proof seal of the cap; almost wounded my finger. And even when it's gone, it is still super hard to open every time I use it. 

Would I recommend Splash Maxi-peel exfoliant solution? Only if they change the bottle to an easy open one! Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts