BDJ x Revlon Power Nails

I admit, nail art wasn't my forte. When I try to make the designs the drawings aren't balanced. Being right handed, my left hand gets shaky when I paint my right hand's nails.

That is why I was very excited to attend BDJ's workshop with Revlon Philippines "Power Nails" last June 7, 2014 2:00 PM in Conti's Greenbelt. It was the first time I was invited  as a beauty blogger (although I did join their contest to score an invite.)


bdj x revlon

After snacks, Beauty Minister Nicole Romero gave us pointers. Her tips include:
Mani 101- prepare basic tools, polish technique, quick dry technique.
Quiz: find your nail shape.
Polish basics- Proper grooming at the office,  troubleshooting, more nail care, finding the right hue, how to apply polish.
Nail art trends like stripes, stencils and striping, gradient, hearts and cherries, marbling, animal print, combos.

Revlon makeup prizes, nail polishes and supplies like dotting tools, tapes, sponges, acetone, cotton pads, cotton buds, pushers:
revlon philippines

The Revlon nail enamel line here in the Philipines include the Parfumerie, Brilliant Strength, Colorstay, and Nail Art. Nail care lines- Cuticle Softener, Treat & Boost, Nail Brightener. I super like their Matte Top Coat too.

Revlon offers an extensive assortment of shades that are long-lasting. It is an exciting brand as they always come up with new products!

Bellas busy doing their nails:
bdj power nails

Finishing touches and photo-ops:
belle de jour revlon philippines

This is my what I came up with- ombre with heart, hehe :) I used for base Nail Brightener, then Parfumerie Ginger Melon (most favorite scent) as base, Powder Puff and Bordeaux.
beauty blogger philippines
Top: chosen winners for best nail art
Bottom: me and happy Bellas Tsai, Marilou and Maila,
nicole romero

We got to take home these (although may differ per goody bag)  Sun Candy Nail Art in White Hot, Solar Flare and Shimmering Sunset. The very work-appropriate Colorstay in Cool Beige, Rose Beige, Mocha. Nail Art Matte in Leather and Lace.

revlon parfumerie, nail art, colorstay polish

Thank you BDJ for making this happen, and to Revlon for these amazing nail colors!

Comments

Popular Posts