Election Registration

Here in the Philippines, some people say, why bother vote? Nothing ever happens. We're still poor.
I share the same sentiments and I know for a fact that most politicians are corrupt. Even in the lowest barangay levels, there is anomaly.

But at least I can say I did my part.

I always follow my conscience when I vote and most of the time, those who I vote lose. But I haven't lost hope.

I had volunteered for PPCRV once and I was there til past midnight so I noticed some things.

Like those "pasaway" rule-breakers who secretly hand out sample ballots and whisper asking for support.
There are the candidates themselves loitering inside the school and watchers or paid people/relatives, still campaigning for their "manok" just outside the voting room causing confusion as to the validity of the votes during counting.

I was able to register or rather, transfer place of vote (because I had already registered in Manila City Hall and voted a few times) in Comelec Caloocan (located in A. Mabini near Sangandaan) on a Sunday, and a noontime at that! And it took me only about 15 minutes. It was fast because there's only me, and then a group from a faraway province came wanting to register but they lacked the proper requirements hence were advised to return.

comelec caloocan

What to bring:

Original and photocopy of valid government ID. They accepted my Unified Multi-Purpose ID. Allowed also are NBI clearance, SSS, Postal ID or Passport. For first timers, I think they should bring their Birth Certificate.
They don't accept Barangay ID, Barangay Clearance or Police Clearance.

I asked if they still issue Voter's ID. I said that I didn't receive mine but was able to vote even without it. The staff said that for a time, they stopped issuing voter's ID but now they make them again.
She said they don't know if it will be mailed and best to make follow-ups. 

Here are the steps for Comelec registration as seen in the picture

how to register voting
1. Verification- saying your particulars and giving the requirements

2. Log Book Precinct #- they look it up in the computer, then I filled up 3 back to back forms


comelec registration

3. Capturing- getting my picture and signature in the computer

4. Thumbmark
PPCRV

5. Signature


comelec precinct
This is my proof that I registered. A slip torn from the bottom of the form I filled-up.

I did not pay for anything. You only pay when it's a replacement of ID.

My companion inquired about his voters ID and said it's nearly a decade and he hasn't got it yet. The personnel looked into their mountain of files and sure enough, it was there.

Important:

These information are true to the best of my knowledge. To be sure, check with Comelec.

Comments

Popular Posts