Eye of Horus Review

This is my review of  Eye of Horus Natural Smokey Eye Pencil in Black.

Their claim (this is for their new formulation with moringa oil, because the product in the review below doesn't have it yet):
Uniquely formulated in the style of the ancient Egyptians with plant based ingredients and waxes including Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Rice Bran Wax, Candelilla Wax and Organic Moringa Oil. Exceptional Long Lasting formulas designed for sensitive eyes, with all day staying power.
Eye of Horus is an Australian brand but this is made in Taiwan.
Price is Php 990 Philippine Pesos and I got it with the Glamourbox I subscribed to.

Check out the ingredients:
eye of horus eye liner


Like:
  • Smudge-proof
  • Waterproof
  • Lasts all day
  • Glides easily, doesn't tug 
  • Formulated with Jojoba Wax, Mango Seed Oil, Candelilla Wax, Shea Butter, Macadamia Seed Oil, Carnauba Wax, Vitamins E and C. 
  • I love that it doesn't imprint on eyelids or leave a mess even after sweating.
  • One outline is okay because it is highly pigmented.
  • No PARABEN!!!
Dislike:
  • Shorter shelf life compared to other brands.
  • Pricey!
  • Difficult to sharpen with my cheap bookstore bought pencil sharpener- needs a cosmetic sharpener.
  • It has a smudger but once I make a line it immediately sets so I can't smudge it to produce a smokey, smouldering effect.
eye of horus review
This is what I am talking about- the right half with line was rubbed up and down right after applying but it won't fade out.

It has lasted me many months as I don't put eyeliner every single day. Actually, I am still using it even though it is 6 months past the expiration date and I feel like it is the same as when it was brand new and I didn't feel any eye irritation.

Worth buying again?

Eye of Horus is available in Glamourbox and other online stores, selected mall kiosks (saw it in Robinsons Galleria,) also in Plana Forma.

Eye of Horus- Awaken the Goddess within!

Comments

Popular Posts