How to Whiten Dark Undereye Circles feat K-Beauty

Hello po! Dark circles around the eyes can make one look aged. The darkness may be due to factors like bad sleeping habits (snoozing very late at night or lack of slumber), poor circulation, Vitamin K deficiency, liver disease, some medications that cause blood vessels to dilate, excessive eye rubbing, among others.

How to lighten dark circles

Recently a blogger friend and then a makeup artist told me that I look young for my age (well I do not have wrinkles and have a round youthful face),  but they commented that panira yung fine lines and darkness under my eyes!

Well it was due to years of squinting. Being near-sighted, I can't see clearly far objects without my eyeglasses so I resort to slanting my eyes.

I took their criticism seriously. And for this concern I try to look for ways to help this.

Natural Solution for dark circles under eyes:

For the dark undereye circles, I read that POTATO can help! Potato juice can be used to lighten the skin naturally. A potato contains an enzyme called catecholase, which has natural bleaching properties.

You can put potato slices over your eyes then relax for 30 minutes (or as long as you want to) and remove it. Or you can extract the potato  juice itself and apply it around your eyes with a cotton ball then rinse after. I haven't tried it though but I am meaning to.

You can also opt for lemon juice but be very careful to avoid stinging!!! The Vitamin C present in lemon juice can lighten skin. Soak this for 10 minutes before rinsing.

Beauty Products for dark undereye circles:

There are hundreds of products specific for the eyes!! Targeted eye masks or patches for this concern, eye creams and serums, or a temporary one is applying makeup- corrector then concealer.

For now I use these Korean beauty products. In the morning Tony Moly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base (a white stick) and before sleeping at night Milky Dress The White Platinum Anti-Wrinkle and Whitening (a white cream).

Tony Moly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base review, Milky Dress The White Platinum Anti-Wrinkle and Whitening review,
Blend, blend, blend!!!

Scent and Price:
Milky Dress is very fragrant, feminine, floral. Forgot how much, maybe Php 210. Tony Moly is more subtle and I cannot pinpoint the fragrance; it was almost like powder. Cost me Php 290.

Ingredients:
Milky Dress has calendula, rosemary, adenosine, ceramide, lecithin, aloe, morus alba, grapefruit, alpha arbutin, sodium hyaluronate, argan, squalane, shea, and many more natural components.
Tony Moly has bamboo, chrysin and pearl.

I like that I can apply layers of either to provide light to heavy coverage.

I love that when I apply a thick amount of Milky Dress the area becomes white. The downside is, months from opening, the clear liquid is now separating from the cream.

For Tony Moly, I sometimes use it under my bb cream and skip concealer.

I use them all around my eyes  (eyelids, sides, under in gentle circular motion) for months now but the skin darkness has not gone away. But the products have been good in hiding it. See below:

Tony Moly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base (a white stick) and before sleeping at night Milky Dress The White Platinum Anti-Wrinkle and Whitening (fragrant white cream).
Actual comparison Bare VS Tony Moly Panda's Dream  Eye Brightener and Milky Dress Platinum Anti-Wrinkle and Whitening. They can instantly brighten and camouflage the darkness.

I know I should be using them every single day and night but no, I haven't been. Sometimes I just don't feel like applying, or I am sleepy or lazy to. So 'yun, I admit I apply them like every 3 days huhu...

For me, these products - a portable stick of Tony Moly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base and  a tube of Milky Dress The White Platinum are good enough to recommend. They did not cause my eyes itchiness.

They brighten immediately. And for long term effect, due to their beneficial ingredients, I believe they can lighten over time but CONSISTENT application is required.

How about you? What do you do to prevent or treat darkness around the eyes? Comment down below! Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts