Physiogel cleanser review 100% honest!

Hello frens! So I am very familiar and have used  Physiogel, Cetaphil, Dermablend cleansing milk, Ceraklin, Oilatum since years ago. On-and-off, every now and then. I know they are touted to be "mild"! 

Physiogel philippines price

So now, I am again using Stiefel Physiogel Hypoallergenic Daily moisture Therapy dermo-cleanser after quite a while. Before making the shift to this, I used Wishtrend green tea (a powder enzyme type which I love for exfoliating), Banobagi (very mild and does not hurt the eyes) after that, and then when I finished it, Annyoung kojic soap (which is not as hapdi as other brands).

For reference, my skin type is oily, acne prone, and at times sensitive. It can also get dry, depending on the season.

You can use Physiogel 2 ways - rinse it off or wipe it off with cotton or tissue.

First day with Physiogel

So as I was taking a bath, after shampoo, I poured Physiogel onto my palm, and massaged it into my face. As it is soap free, it does not produce bubbles. I was surprised! It stings! Especially around the lip area which I found quite weird (it stung up to the 4th day of using). And then I rinsed it off and proceeded to finish my shower.

And when I used micellar water after that, I found the cotton ball became quite yellowish with gunk.  It made me feel that it did not eliminate impurities as thoroughly as my previous facial washes (where there is hardly any dirt left). My beloved Korean brands gave a deep clean which I love.

Also, upon reading Physiogel's ingredients, it is full of all sorts of paraben. Well, I am sure that it is within the safety limits, but still. Paraben, as scientific studies suggest, may irritate skin, disrupt hormones and is a carcinogen. That is why green brands pride themselves for being paraben-free.

Physiogel ingredients
Physiogel list of ingredients. /
Made in Thailand.

On the bright side, Physiogel makes my face feel so soft, especially when I apply a generous amount. Also, the warm sensation I feel when using it subsided after days of using. I guess my skin finally got used to or adjusted to its formula.

So if you find yourself hiyang or compatible with Physiogel (as numerous people are, that is why it has been around for years),  I am happy for you. But personally, I am not at all pleased with my experience. I have not used skin care products with paraben for years now, hence it could have triggered this reaction. I generally do not prefer this type of cleanser (non-foamy). I feel that there are other brands that perform way better for me. Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts