YOSHINOYA in Ayala Fairview Terraces Launch

I'm no stranger to the quality and delicious Japanese food,  affordable price and friendly service from  Yoshinoya, having dined in SM North Edsa and their other branches. Now, people in the vicinity of Fairview should rejoice because Japan's Famous Beef Bowl is now available in the posh, newly opened Fairview Terraces!

yoshinoya fairview terraces


February 28, 2014, 11 AM, was the blessing and grand opening of Yoshinoya here in Unit 2092, 2nd Level, Fairview Terraces Mall, Quirino Highway, Barangay Pasong Putil, Novaliches, Quezon City.

I was fortunate indeed that Ms. Cha of travelonshoestring.com agreed to invite me.

fairview terraces
they have many banners, you cannot miss it :)

If you're, like me, coming from Edsa, I'd like to share the directions:
  1. From Trinoma Mall, ride the FX going to SM Fairview (fare is Php 35)
  2. Driver will drop you in SM. Cross the street to go to Fairview Terraces.
  3. Go to left side of mall; entrance near Puregold and then take the escalator twice. 
capsule station

japanese restaurant
yoshinoya
yoshinoya
I feel that the interiors look very clean, modern and pleasant
 History, at a glance:

Yoshinoya was founded in 1899 by Eikichi Matsuda in Nihonbashi, a humble fish market in Chuo-ku, Tokyo, just on the outskirts of Edo Castle where he created a most delicous recipe of beef and rice (known as Gyudon or beef bowl.) Mr. Matsuda named the restaurant after his birthplace of Yoshino-Cho, Osaka. Yoshinoya was an instant hit then, and now has expanded to more than 1,200 outlets around the world! When I posted a picture in my FB while we were in the store yesterday, one of the Japanese followers of my page was quick to leave a comment; meaning Yoshinoya really is very famous.

In 2001,  Century Pacific Group under its retail arm, Yoshinoya Century Pacific, Inc., entered into a Franchise Agreement with Yoshinoya International Co., Ltd.

japanese restaurant philippines
Me with blogger friends- Ate Tess, Alice and Rattus.

 Here's what transpired that beautiful Friday:
We registered and were ushered into our seats by the friendly in charge.
Father James led the solemn opening prayer and blessing.

father james

blessing of yoshinoya

Ribbon cutting with the owners and celebrity guests.
ribbon cutting yoshinoya
sorry couldn't get a better shot because I'm vertically challenged

Message from Managing Director, Mr. Leo Po.

leo po

yoshinoya leo po

Message from Ihanat Foods Corporation President/ General Manager Mr. Timothy James G. Yang.

 
ihanat timmy yang

Timothy James G. Yang

Photo op with celebrities Louella De Cordova (L) and  Jenny Fajardo (R).

jenny fajardo

louella de cordova

Well, there was throwing of coins for good luck but I wasn't able to take a picture because I was, you know, busy.

Quezon City Rep. Alfred Vargas.

alfred vargas

We were asked which drink we would have. I chose the green tea (Php 40, for regular size.) Then, we were served some of their best foods:

Kani salad (Php 69)- tastes very refreshing with the caviar and mango over the veggies.

kani salad

Beef gyudon (Php 119, for regular size)- mixed vegetables balances the umami flavour of the strips of tender meat.

beef gyudon

 I added the Japanese red ginger to this bestseller.
food blog
err this is not my table. Thanks for this pic Alice! In my state of gastronomic bliss, taking a photo mid-eating escaped my mind

Kani (crabstick) shumai (Php 59)-  it is fresh tasting (it doesn't have the bad aftertaste that some siomais I have tried has) and delicious.

kani shumai

Of course, my tummy was very satisfied.


I have nothing but good words for this event with Yoshinoya because it went smoothly, was well-attended and  coordinated. I also didn't notice any mishap that seemed to be the norm with many establishments' first day opening.


Yoshinoya is plenty generous to gift us:

yoshinoya goodies

GCs and souvenir mug:) and a magnetic picture from the photobooth.

yoshinoya promo

Do check out their FB page https://www.facebook.com/YoshinoyaPhilippines. They have kids' workshops and many promos including those for Line subscribers, birthday celebrants... :)

If you have read this far, I hope you can consider supporting me by following my other social networking sites on the right. The reader has always been my inspiration. Fairness is important and I always follow back in G+ Twitter Instagram and Bloglovin. For add back in Facebook, NB and GFC, kindly comment your page or site so I know where to follow back. Thank you!


Comments

Popular Posts