Gloria Maris Restaurant Review

My family hosted a gathering at Gloria Maris Shark's Fin Seafood Restaurant at the CCP Complex recently. It was attended by relatives and family friends and the entire back section was reserved for us :)

gloria maris ccp


I grew up to Chinese cuisine as my roots are from China, but I hadn't had the chance to fill up on this Oriental delicacy lately .

As we wait for the guests to arrive, we munch on some peanuts and something that looks like tofu but texture is like radish. I will edit once I find out what it is. Update: appetizer really was radish.

These are some of the delicious and satisfying food their chefs prepared for us:


Cold Cuts
Cold Cuts

sauteed Scallop and Shrimp with Vegetables
Sauteed Scallop and Shrimp with Vegetables

Whole Dried Scallop with Seamoss
Whole Dried Scallop with Seamoss


ginseng


Ginseng Shellmeat Chicken Soup
Ginseng Shellmeat Chicken Soup

Black Mushroom with Sliced Imported Abalone
Black Mushroom with Sliced Imported Abalone

Steamed Lapu Lapu with Taoso
Steamed Lapu Lapu with Taoso

Noodles
Noodles

Roasted Duck
Roasted Duck

Steamed Crab with Chinese Wine and Eggwhite
 Steamed Crab with Chinese Wine and Eggwhite- some people at the table commented its meat was a bit bland

Taro Soup
Taro Soup

Mochi Balls
Mochi Balls

Coffee Jelly
Coffee Jelly

The middle dishes are not in order of serving. For the names in violet, I do not know the exact label by which their restaurant calls those. I think the noodles were free because I did not see it in the Set Menu list option we ordered.

I have a hard time choosing which is my favorite dish, maybe it is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd because I'm so hungry that time and the rest seems like I'm in a dream already. I have to say the desserts are also fantastic.

Price is about Php 18,000 plus 10% service charge per table which is good for 12 persons. We occupied 5 tables. There were many leftovers so we took them home. The spoiled cat decided to eat the duck that I was saving for dinner. Bad kitty!

Aside from the flavourful food, here's other plus factors:

FREE Wi-Fi.
Clean CR complete with supplies.

Some minor inconveniences:

I called the phone number listed on their website to ask for directions but the girl said that Gloria Maris CCP branch has closed down and moved to Macapagal.

My aunt insisted it was still open and so when we got there, we asked around. A woman delivering some gallons of purified water refill echoed that it really has closed down and moved to Macapagal. (???)

Update:
I called the CCP branch and the girl said that the other Gloria Maris Restaurant in Podium, ATC, etc are different; not theirs.

gloria maris

Good thing someone told us it's at the end of the road and peering at the spacious parking lot, we saw a small signage.

As our van was exiting, we were ordered to pay parking fee (which was supposed to be for free,) because we exceeded three hours.

Although there was an insect-deterring-blue-light-appliance,  I saw a very tiny fly in my second plate before I commenced eating.  Yes, I like to vet my food and utensils.

But of course this much I will tell you, I have been to both 5 star hotel restaurants and dingy eateries. I have seen WORSE (rats skittling about, tiny bug in my gourmet burger.)

Almost all have some yucky stuff that we may not always see. Worst case scenario- pissing off your waiter and heaven knows what he/she will do to your food/drink.

If you have read this far, I hope you can consider supporting me by following my other social networking sites on the right. The reader has always been my inspiration. Fairness is important and I always follow back in G+ Twitter Instagram and Bloglovin. For add back in Facebook, Networked Blogs and GFC, kindly comment your page or site so I know where to follow back. Thank you!



Comments

Popular Posts