Machiavelli Chocolatier

If I'll be asked a question- what is the 1 food item you want to have in case you get stranded on a deserted island?- My answer would be CHOCOLATE. Aside from being delicious, it makes me happy and energetic. It's my ultimate mega super favorite food in the universe. But I am picky when it comes to chocolates. There are superb chocolates that bring me to heaven and there are fake tasting chocolate that is sure to ruin my mood.

machiavelli chocolatier new york
mmm I LOVE chocolates


I visited the kiosk of luxury Machiavelli Chocolatier New York inside Rustan's Department Store, Ground Floor, Cosmetics & Fragrances Area,  Shangri-La Plaza Mall, EDSA.

I asked their courteous salesman what their bestseller is and he said the bacon.
These are made here in the Philippines, where cacao grows.

Top to bottom:
Alfie's Bacon- smooth milk chocolate with crispy salty bacon bits is bliss.
Bobby's Grand- upon opening, the very delicious smell greeted me.
Harold's Cheese- another favorite of mine is CHEESE. I like generous portions of it in my spaghetti, bread, caldereta, everywhere. So when DARK chocolate (my preference over milk chocolate) meets cheese- it's a no-brainer.

machiavelli bacon, grand, cheese bar price
not your ordinary chocolate...
I am happy to report  their premium bars satisfied the discerning chocolate lover like me. 1 bar is bitin. I consumed two bars in 1 sitting.
Suggestion for improvement: I hope the expiration date is indicated in the packaging.

machiavelli grand bar
The Grand Bar (left) is rolled in cocoa powder and the filling is flavored with Grand Marnier. Can't wait to try the truffle/praline version! 

Fortunately, I have an Enjoy privilege card so I got it for buy 1 take 1. Price is Php 150 per 25 grams of this gourmet bar. Security Bank card holders are also offered a deal.

Background, from their website:

"Machiavelli Chocolatier was formed with two words in mind: EURASIAN FUSION.

Here at Machiavelli Chocolatier, one of our founding principles is to bring together the best of both worlds in each of our signature masterpieces. We call it EURASIAN FUSION.

Raul D. Matias, Machiavelli Chocolatier's founder, began his career as a physical therapist in the US. He left his lucrative field to follow his one true passion and dream: to become a world class chocolatier. His training in Europe, Canada, and the US, combined with his Asian roots, influence most of his chocolate masterpieces. He expertly includes the best ingredients from Asia and Europe in these creations.

If Niccolo Machiavelli enraged the senses through his writings, Machiavelli Chocolatier will surely evoke the same sensations with its masterpieces. If Niccolo Machiavelli was concerned with the worldly side of humanity, Machiavelli Chocolatier is concerned with the epicurean pleasure experienced in each of its creations."




food blogger gourmet chocolate
click for ingredients
Here's their Chocolate Care Tips:
  • store in cool, dry and dark place.
  • if possible, do not refrigerate; if you do, make sure that they are in a covered container and the temperature should be between 10 and 16 degree Celsius.
  • chocolates are best enjoyed at room temperature between 10 and 16 degrees Celsius.
  • between tasting chocolate, drink spring water.

If you have read this far, I hope you can consider supporting me by following any of my other social networking sites in the right side of the page. The reader has always been my inspiration. Fairness is important and I always follow back in G+, Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin. For add back in FB, NB and GFC, kindly indicate your page or site so I know where to follow back. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts