Santo Nino de Pajotan Festival

Hello po!

For the past years, I have always wanted to join the Santo Nino de Pajotan (Caloocan, Philippines) procession.

 Santo Nino de Pajotan (Caloocan, Philippines)

Yes, from being a Tondo girl, I now live here in Caloocan near Pajo; but I always forget to join on that day or something comes up so I have to go somewhere else!

Thank goodness I am here this day, January 31, 2016. The procession comes after the 8:00 Holy Mass.

sto. nino

The float adorned with green mangoes. Pajotan is a variety of mango. Opposite is a Lion/ Dragon Dance.

pajotan mangoes

It's Election season so it's kind of expected that the Epals are here campaigning, having their own float and throwing T-shirts, hehehe!

Numerous devout Catholics watched and joined the parade, but it was generally peaceful. This is a nice float, depicting the Sangandaan-Pajo-Divisoria Jeepney.

caloocan based blogger

A colorful, joyous gathering, fiesta, festival, however you may call it. I only witnessed the parade but I bet there's games, shows, contests, programs galore.

The plaque or award bears an image of the Sto. Nino.

santo nino de pajotan festival

I attended Mass in the Church that is having this Feast Day.
Maria Auxiliadora or also known as Mary Help of Christians Parish is somewhat small (at least when compared to the Shrines) but the people attending here are solemn and the vendors are not rowdy.

The priest at the service I attended is a foreigner. After the celebration, people flocked to him to mano po or bless (putting the back of his hand in their foreheads).

maria auxiliadora chirch, philippines,

Til next year, Viva Sto. Nino! Pit Senor! God Bless us!!!

Comments

Popular Posts